Visa can be obtained on arrival at the Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu and at border entry points in Kakadvitta, Birgunj, Bhairahawa, Nepalgunj, Gaddachowki on Nepal-India border and Kodari on Nepal-China border. Visa can also be obtained at the nearest Nepal Embassy or Diplomatic Mission. Visa can also be obtained (renewal purposes) at Department of Immigration, Kalikasthan, Kathmandu. A valid passport and one passport -size photo with a light background is required. Immigration Department has not specified the size of the passport-size photo.
Visa for Nepal can be obtained only through payment of cash in the following currency: Euro, Swiss Franc, Pound Sterling, US Dollar, Australian Dollar, Canadian Dollar, Hong Kong Dollar, Singapore Dollar and Japanese Yen.Credit card, Indian currency and Nepali currency are not accepted as payment of visa fee.
- Multiple entry for 15 days: US$ 30 or equivalent convertible currency.
- Multiple entry for 30 days: US$ 50 or equivalent convertible currency.
- Multiple entry for 90 days: US$ 125 or equivalent convertible currency.
Gratis (Free) Visa
Indian nationals do not require visa to enter into Nepal.
For Indian National
Indian nationals do not require visa to enter Nepal.
As per the Nepalese Immigration, Indian Nationals Traveling to Nepal must possess any One of the following documents.
- Driving License with photo.
- Photo Identity card issued by a Government Agency.
- Ration Card with Photo.
- Election Commission Card with Photo.
- Identity Card issued by Embassy of India in Kathmandu.
- Identity Card with Photo issued by Sub- Divisional Magistrate or any other officials above his rank.
Nationals from Nigeria, Ghana, Zimbabwe, Swaziland, Cameroon, Somalia, Liberia, Ethiopia, Iraq, Palestine and Afghanistan will need to obtain visa from Nepal Embassies or Diplomatic Missions in their respective countries, as they do not get visa on arrival at the immigration entry points of Nepal.
Tourists can stay for a maximum of 150 days in a visa year (Jan 1 to Dec 31).
For further info- Department of Immigration