Bardia Jungle Safari

Bardia Jungle Safari tour is best way to explore Bardia National park of Nepal. Bardia National park is located in the mid far western Terai region of Nepal and park covers 968 sq. km and it is 585 km a way from Kathmandu and the park is the largest and most undisturbed expanse of wilderness in southern Nepal.

Bardia Jungle safari tour is least explored Jungle tour in by foreign tourists as the park is little further from the main tourist hubs of Nepal. About the 70% land of the park is covered with Sal jungle, the remaining 30% is a mixture of grassland and savannah forest, the park contains eight types of ecosystem. The park headquarters are situated at Thakurdwara and is surrounded by idyllic villages and fields inhabited by an indigenous ethnic group, the Tharu.

The Bardia National park had become a conservation area in 1976 AD and then attained National Park status in 1988 Ad, presently a plan is being considered to further expand the park both north and eastwards as the conservation is a strong theme within Bardia; the park as well providing a home habitat for many species also provides an ideal environment for the study of wildlife, more than thirty different mammals, over two hundred species of bird and many snakes, lizards and fish have been recorded within the National park, both resident and migratory birds can be found within the park boundaries.

Bardia National Park is home to 19 of Nepal’s 39 legally protected species which include the One-horned Rhinoceros, wild Asian Elephant, Bengali Tiger, Swamp Deer, Black Buck Antelope, Gangetic Dolphin and Gharial Crocodile the endangered birds include the Bengal Florican, the Silver-eared Mesia and the Sarus Crane. In fact the WWF indicated the Bardia National Park as playing a major role in the survival of the world tiger population the as a result, it is not surprising to find that Bardia provides the best opportunity to view the Bengal Tiger in Nepal.

Bardia Jungle safari tour is available with Outfitter Nepal Treks and Expedition and you take flight from Kathmandu to Nepalganj and drive about 2 hours from the Nepalganj to the Bardia National park or you can drive all the way from Kathmandu to Ambassa. The drive from Kathmandu to Bardia is long so, we have proposed to take flight to Nepalganj and return flight from Nepalganj to Kathmandu. We have 3 nights 4 day Jungle safari tour in Bardia however if you are limited in days and want to take short 3 days tour or have plenty of days and want to spend more days then it is not a problem, contact us for the cost and booking for the customized tour.

Bardia Jungle Safari Highlights

  • You have Elephant Safari.
  • You have Jungle walk.
  • You have Dolphin watch.
  • You have Bird watching.
Trip Cost:
$ 850 USD
  • Destination: Nepal
  • Duration: 4 Days
  • Grade: Easy
  • Group Size: 1-14
  • Max. Altitude: NA
  • Transportation: Private Tourist Vehicle
  • Meals: Full Board
  • Accommodation: 2/3 star
  • Single Suppliment: 150.00
Show All Facts Show Less Facts

Certificate & Partners

Nepal GovernmentNepal Tourism BoardTAANNepal Mounteering AssociationHimalayan Rescue Association
Read Reviews